Gail Joseph, MD, FACOG
Obsteterics & Gynecology
- Residency: University of Florida
- Medical School: University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine
About the Provider
FCPP is excited to welcome Gail Joseph, MD to its expanding network of healthcare providers. Dr. Joseph comes to FCPP after having spent the past 4 years practicing locally.
In medical school Dr. Joseph realized the depth of her passion for women’s health. She recognizes that women’s lives are complex and so her approach to patient care follows a biopsychosocial model. She is a firm believer that the best care takes every aspect of the patient’s life into account. She takes the time to get to know her patient’s and believes in investing time into educating them about their health.
Dr. Joseph was born in the Caribbean but immigrated to the US as a child. She spent most of her formative years in Bronx, New York which she calls home. She enjoys getting back to the city whenever she can, but does not really consider herself a city girl. If you ask her she will tell you that she is an island girl. Her family hails from both beautiful Antigua and the US Virgin Islands, locations to which she travels often.
In her spare time Dr. Joseph believes in giving back to the community and enjoys volunteering when possible. However, she often combines this with her love for traveling into voluntourism adventures, as Global Health is another of her passions. She tries to take part in mission work with various organizations at least yearly. She finds relaxation in exploring the Central Valley’s scenery, wines and cuisine, and also carves out time for spiritual growth through meditation, reading and enjoying worship services at her church when possible.
Dr. Joseph promises to take this same well rounded approach to your care.
- Optimizing antepartum health
- Recognition and management of postpartum depression
- Sexual health maintenance across all age groups
- Breast health maintenance
- Diagnosing and treating Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Management of uterine fibroids
- Management of abnormal bleeding
- Management of menopausal symptoms
- Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders
- Prevention and early diagnosis of gynecologic malignancies
- Minimally invasive surgery- both traditional laparoscopy and robotic assisted