Goya Raikar, MD, FACS, FCCP
- Fellowship: Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Madison WI.
- Internship: Cardiac Surgery Research, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN.
- Residency: General Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN.
- Medical School: University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE.
About Dr. Raikar
We are continuing to improve healthcare access in our communities with Goya Raikar MD in our expanding network. Dr. Raikar’s research interests include minimally invasive surgical approaches. He performed the first robotic assisted mitral valve repair operation in Minnesota. He since has been a proctor for Da Vinci, robotic surgery offers patients the benefits of smaller incisions, less pain, shorter hospital stays and better outcomes. As a physician, Dr. Raikar believes in open communication and candidness. This approach fosters the development of strong, productive interpersonal relationships between him and his patients. He takes pride in his ability to get to know his patients well and build a trustworthy relationship. He is devoted to comprehensive health practices of all his patients. He is a member of many professional societies and services, including the American College of Surgeons and Society of Thoracic Surgery. He sits on the editorial board of The Heart Surgery Forum and is a past president of the Minnesota Society of Thoracic Surgery. He has authored or co-authored many publications and delivers presentations throughout the country.
Dr. Raikar is now accepting new patients and most major insurance plans.
- Adult Congenital Defect Repairs
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Procedures
- Cardiac Tumors
- Complex Valvular Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Mitral Valve Repair (MVR)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)